The Directorate of Land Records and Surveys
- Undertakes Survey works for preparation of Land Records as embodied in the “Meghalaya Land Survey and Records Preparation Act, 1980” and the Rules framed thereunder.
- Undertake the work relating to Districts and Sub-Divisional boundaries, Inter-State Boundary and International Boundary (Indo-Bangladesh).
- Printing of Indo-Bangladesh Strip Maps, State, and District Maps etc.
- Restoration of the missing/ displaced/ damaged boundary pillars jointly with Bangladesh authorities on annual and sector-wise basis.
- Compilation of the completed Land Acquisition cases of the State.